PASTA IN A JAR
We all have made pasta in pans but ever heard about Pasta in a Jar? It’s a very trending recipe and much quicker than making actual pasta.Pasta in a jar not only makes it visually more appealing but the advantage of being able to reheat and consume whenever possible is why people are preferring it more and more now.
Our recipe of pasta in a jar consists of two different sauces layered in a jar and are perfect for lunch and meals on the go. So if you are a pasta-lover, hang on and go through the step-by-step procedure to know the entire recipe.
FOR RED SAUCE:
- Olive Oil- 2tbsp
- Garlic cloves- 2tbsp
- Tomato puree- 3/4 cup
- Oregano- 2 tbsp
- Chili flakes- 2tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar- 1 tbsp
- Basil- 2 tbsp
FOR WHITE PASTA:
- Cooked pasta- 3/4 cup
- Butter - ¼ cup
- Flour- 2 tbsp
- Milk- 1 tbsp
- Salt to Taste
- Pepper- 2 tbsp
- Cream- ¼ cup
- Cheese- ¼ cup
- Olive Oil- 1tbsp
- Garlic- 1 tbsp
- Onions- ¼ cup
- Bell Peppers- ½ cup
- Blanched Broccoli- ¼ cup
- Salt to Taste
- Olive oil: contains large amounts of antioxidants and may help prevent strokes.
- Garlic: lower cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
- Tomatoes: Reduce the risk of heart diseases and cancer.
- Black Pepper: a good source of manganese and helps in bone health and wound healing.
- Onions: low in calories but high in nutrients like vitamin B, vitamin C and potassium.
- Bell Peppers: rich in vitamin C and improves eye health.
- Broccoli: reduces inflammation and boosts heart health.
- Cheese: packed with calcium.
- For the red sauce: Heat oil in frypan and add all ingredients followed by some water, salt and a pinch of sugar. Lastly, add boiled pasta.
- Cook for 2 minutes and add oregano, chilly flakes and basil leaves.
- For the vegetables: Heat oil in a frypan and add all the vegetables. Saute for about 2 minutes and put them aside.
- For the white sauce: In the same frypan, heat some butter, add maida, and roast it. Next add boiled pasta, milk, cheese, oregano, and chilly flakes and bring it to a boil.
- Take a glass jar and start layering the pasta. Add a layer of red sauce followed by a layer of veggies and again followed by a layer of white sauce. Repeat in the same manner.
- Pasta in a jar is ready, sit back and enjoy.
1. For the red sauce:
- Take Olive oil into the frypan and heat it. We prefer the use of Avias India’s Riara Triply Frypan, which spreads heat evenly making food cook properly making the dish heavenly and scrumptious.
- Once the oil is heated, add garlic cloves and saute for some seconds. Then add tomato puree and let it cook for a minute. Mix it and add some water followed by salt as per your taste, some sugar, chilly flakes, oregano, and basil leaves.
- Let this cook on flame for 2 minutes then turn off the gas. The Riara Triply frypan also works on both gas and induction making it easier for you while trying different recipes.
2. For Vegetables
- In a frypan, heat some oil and add garlic cloves. After that add the remaining vegetables one after another: onions, broccoli, bell peppers, and some salt according to your taste.
- Saute them for 3-4 minutes. The Riara Triply frypan by Avias not only uses less oil for cooking but also has a stunning coating that prevents vegetables from sticking to it.
- Turn off the heat and put the veggies aside.
3. For White Sauce Pasta:
- In the same frypan, add some butter. Once the butter has melted, add all-purpose flour and roast till slightly brown.
- Start adding milk followed by cream and cheese. Whisk this mixture and bring to a small boil.
- Add oregano and chili flakes. Now add boiled pasta and cook for a minute.
- Take a jar and add a layer of white sauce pasta first.
- Next, add a layer of red sauce
- Set the vegetables in the middle layer.
- Add the red layer followed by the white sauce layer.
- Voila!! Your pasta in a jar is ready to be eaten.
We hope you found this recipe simple and yummy!! Try the recipe and let us know by connecting to us via @aviasindia, and sharing pictures.
For knowing more about the product by Avias described above, check it out here.