Make Special Seviyan Kheer Recipe at Home for this Diwali
The origin of Seviyan Kheer can be traced back to the Indian subcontinent, where it has been a part of Indian cuisine for centuries. Kheer, in general, is a traditional Indian rice pudding that dates back to ancient times. Over the years, variations of kheer have been developed for Diwali celebration sweets, including Seviyan Kheer, by using vermicelli as the primary ingredient.
Kheer holds cultural and religious significance in India and is often prepared for various festivals, celebrations, and special occasions, including weddings, sweets for Diwali, Eid, and other religious events. It is a symbol of sweetness, prosperity, and the sharing of joy.
- 1 liter of milk
- 1 big tablespoon of ghee
- 10-12 almonds
- 10-12 cashews
- 2 tablespoons of raisins
- 3-4 dry dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup of foxnuts
- 2 cups of seviyan (vermicelli)
- 1 big tablespoon of cardamom powder
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- Start by heating the Avias Riara triply stainless steel kadai,
- Add 1 big tablespoon of ghee over medium heat.
- Once the ghee is hot, add 10-12 almonds, 10-12 cashews, add 2 tablespoons of raisins, 3-4 chopped dry dates, and 1/2 cup of foxnuts. Sauté until the raisins plump up and the foxnuts become crunchy. Remove them and set them aside in the steel pan. Sauté them until they turn light golden brown. Remove them from the steel kadai and set them aside.
- In the same stainless steel pan, add 2 cups of seviyan (vermicelli) and roast them in ghee until they turn golden brown. Make sure not to burn them. Stir frequently to ensure even roasting.
- Add milk to the roasted seviyan and continue to cook, stirring regularly. Cook until the seviyan becomes soft and the kheer thickens. This should take about 15-20 minutes.
- Now, add the sautéed almonds, cashews, raisins, dry dates, and foxnuts to the kheer.
- Stir in 1 big tablespoon of cardamom powder and 3/4 cup of sugar. Adjust the sugar to your taste.
- Continue to simmer the kheer for another 5-10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld.
- Once the kheer reaches your desired consistency, remove it from the heat and let it cool.
Your delicious Seviyan Kheer, cooked to perfection using the Avias Riara stainless steel kadai, is ready to be served. Enjoy it warm or chilled!
The Avias Riara triply kadai's even heat distribution and quality construction make it an excellent choice for preparing this delightful dessert. Also, if you need any Diwali gift ideas you can visit the kitchen gifting and Check out more cookware and Diwali gift options on our official website Avias World.