Idlis are everyone’s favorite and many times we have leftover portions of them. So instead of wasting them, we bring you this super tasty recipe for consuming them. Eating idli with chutney might get boring so here is the recipe for chilly idlis which is very easy to prepare. This chilly idli preparation uses the most basic ingredients of your kitchen. Let's go through this step-by-step detailed procedure to learn this scrumptious dish.
- Cooked Idlis
- Chopped Onion- 1
- Chopped Tomato- 1
- Chopped Capsicum- 1
- Boiled Sweet Corn- ½ cup
- Turmeric powder
- Red chilly powder
- Black pepper powder
- Soya Sauce- 1tbsp
- Onions: low in calories but high in nutrients like vitamin B, vitamin C and potassium.
- Tomatoes: Reduce the risk of heart diseases and cancer.
- Capsicum: high in vitamin C and helps in the growth of WBCs.
- Green chilly: reduces the risk of ulcers and prevents damage to cells.
- Peanuts: rich in protein, fat and fiber.
- Sweet Corn: has high fiber content.
- Turmeric powder: has numerous health benefits some including improved heart health, and prevention of Alzheimer’s and cancer.
- Red Chilly powder: maintains blood pressure and high amounts of vitamin C.
- Heat some oil in a stainless steel kadai and add all chopped vegetables and sauté.
- Add turmeric and chilly powder along with soya sauce.
- Put cubical pieces of idli in he kadai followed by salt, and black pepper powder.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes and garnish with some chopped coriander.
- Chilly idli recipe is ready to serve.
- Take a kadai and add some oil to it. We suggest you use Avias' Riara triply kadai which uses less oil and cooks faster saving you time.
- Once the oil has heated, add the chopped vegetables to it. Sauté till the onions are golden brown.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilly powder along with some soya sauce.
- Cut the cooked idlis into small cubical blocks and put them in the kadai.
- Put salt according to taste and mix everything well. Add some black pepper powder. Cover the kadai with a lid and let it cook for 4-5 minutes. The Avias India's Riara triply Stainless Steel Kadai comes with a lid with no heat escape technology.
- Garnish with some chopped coriander and your dish is ready to serve.
This was a simple chili idli home recipe that we hope you will find yummy. Do try it out and let us know by connecting with us at @aviasindia and sharing your reviews and pictures. We also recommend you try out the new Stainless Steel Riara Triply Range from Avias India consisting of triple-coated cookware. Being budget-friendly, premium quality, and irresistibly shiny.
To check out the website visit Avias World.