DHABA STYLE PANEER MASALA
Dhaba-style Paneer Masala has to be one of the scrumptious dishes of North-Indian cuisine. Paneer or cottage cheese is flavoured with a variety of exotic spices making it lip-smacking. Serve the Paneer Masala Recipe along with hot phulkas/rotis, naans, jeera pulao, or dal for a delicious lunch or dinner. The paneer masala gravy is easy to prepare and this has to be one of the easiest recipes you have to give it a try.
- 250 gms Paneer (Cottage Cheese): sliced into square cubes.
- Spices: Bay leaf, Black cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, ginger-garlic paste.
- Veggies: 2 chopped onions and tomatoes,1 chopped green chilly.
- Additional: 2 tbsp whisked curd.
- Cottage cheese: is an excellent source of calcium, protein and vitamin B12.
- Bay Leaf: a good source of vitamin A, vitamin B6, and vitamin C and supports the immune system.
- Black cardamom: prevents gastric ulcers and acidity.
- Garlic cloves: lower cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
- Cinnamon: has anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties which prevent viral and flu.
- Onions: low in calories but high in nutrients like vitamin B, vitamin C and potassium.
- Tomatoes: Reduce the risk of heart diseases and cancer.
- Green chilly: reduces the risk of ulcers and prevents damage to cells.
- Black Pepper: a good source of manganese and helps in bone health and wound healing.
- Curd: good for digestion and helps for glowy skin.
- Coat paneer cubes in salt, turmeric and red chilly powder and deep fry them.
- Heat oil in a pan, and all spices, onions, green chillies and ginger-garlic paste. Sauté till the smell disappears.
- Add all spice powders followed by tomato puree and cook till oil separates.
- Put the paneer cubes into the gravy and cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with some freshly chopped coriander and enjoy your dhaba-style paneer masala recipe at home.
- Coat 200g Paneer cubes in salt, turmeric, and red chilly powder. Fry them in 1tbsp oil on low flame for around 2 mins and keep aside.
- In the new Avias Riara Triply Frypan, heat 2 tbsp oil and add all the whole spices once heated: bay leaf, black cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, and a half tbsp cumin seeds. As soon as they start spluttering add 2 finely chopped onions and sauté until golden brown. The Avias India's Riara triply Frypan is curated specifically with low oil consumption. Now add 1 chopped green chilly and ½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste and let it cook until the raw smell disappears.
- Next, add ½ tbsp Kashmiri chili powder, ½ tbsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp coriander powder, and ½ tbsp cumin powder, and let it all mix on low flame. The Avias' Riara Triply Frypan distributes heat evenly making your food cook faster. Isn’t that cool?
- Moving on, make a puree of 2 tomatoes and add it to our gravy followed by some salt. Cover it with a lid and cook till oil separates. Add 2 tbsp whisked curd and mix well (Optional). Pour some water and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the paneer cubes to this gravy along with 1 tbsp Kasuri Methi, ½ tbsp garam masala, and mix well. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
If you liked this recipe make sure to connect with us through our social media handle: @aviasindia and share your reviews and pictures. We also recommend you try out the new Riara Triply Range of Avias India consisting of triple-coated cookware.
Being budget-friendly, premium quality, and irresistibly shiny, check out the products here.