Delicious Recipes For Navratri - Made Without Onion And Garlic
The much-awaited festival of Navratri is here, which calls for endless festivities! It is a nine-day long festival, which is celebrated by Hindus all over India. It is one of the big and auspicious festivals, which comes twice a year. The nine days are dedicated to the goddess Durga and her different incarnations. The festival celebrates all the great qualities of the Goddess, and is also symbolic in nurturing and honoring the abilities of women.
During this time, people fast and follow certain dietary restrictions, to show their devotion. Here are five Navratri recipes that you can try using stainless steel tri ply cookware:
Sabudana (also known as Tapioca pearls) is a popular ingredient during Navratri. To make Sabudana Khichdi follow the below recipe:
- Soak sabudana in water for a few hours.
- Heat oil in a tri ply kadai, add cumin seeds, chopped green chilies, and chopped ginger. Add diced potatoes and cook till they are soft.
- Add the soaked sabudana and cook for a few minutes in your kadai stainless steel.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.
- Kuttu Ki Puri:
Kuttu (also known as Buckwheat) is a common dish used during Navratri. To make Kuttu Ki Puri,
- Mix kuttu atta (buckwheat flour) with water and knead into a dough.
- Make small balls out of the dough and roll them out into puris.
- Heat oil in a triply stainless steel kadai and fry the puris till they turn golden brown and serve with mint chutney.
Singhare Ke Atte Ka Samosa:
Singhare (also known as water chestnut) flour is another popular ingredient used during Navratri. To make Singhare Ke Atte Ka Samosa,
- Mix singhare ka atta (water chestnut flour) with boiled and mashed potatoes, chopped green chillies, chopped coriander leaves, and salt.
- Make small cones out of the dough and fill them with the potato mixture.
- Deep fry the samosas in heavy bottom steel kadai till they turn golden brown, served with sweet tamarind chutney.
Aloo Tamatar Sabzi:
Aloo Tamatar Sabzi (also known as Potato & Tomato sabzi) is a simple and delicious dish that can be made during Navratri.
- Heat oil in a stainless steel pan, add cumin seeds, chopped green chilies, and chopped ginger.
- Add diced potatoes and cook till they are soft.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook for a few minutes. Add salt, red chili powder, and garam masala powder. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.
Lauki Ka Halwa:
Lauki (also known as bottle gourd) is a nutritious vegetable that can be used to make a delicious dessert during Navratri.
- Grate the lauki and squeeze out the excess water.
- Heat ghee in a stainless steel kadai, add the grated lauki and cook for a few minutes.
- Boil the milk in a stainless steel saucepan, add milk, sugar, and cardamom powder. Cook till the milk is absorbed and the halwa is thick. Garnish with chopped almonds and serve.
We would suggest you use Stainless steel cookware to cook these recipes in order to make sure that your recipes are cooked faster and in a toxin free cookware sets. You can find all kinds of Triply cookware at Avias World which is a well known and trusted brand that makes its cookware using the best quality food-grade stainless steel.