9 Tips to help your stainless steel cookware last longer
Cooking is the art of converting simple ingredients into healthy, tasty, and blissful food. A good meal will satiate all our senses and a good meal turns out to be delicious only if you have the right cookware.
The right cookware elevates your cooking experience, saving you time and energy apart from retaining the freshness and taste of each and every ingredient. That’s why choosing the perfect cookware sets in your culinary journey becomes important.
The market is flooded today with various kinds of cookware – from non-stick to aluminum, iron to stainless steel, clay pots to glassware, ceramic to copper, and the list keeps growing. And as the list grows, maintenance becomes a challenge as each material demands different care. Some cookware are so expensive but very delicate that they tend to break at the slightest mistake. If you have been attempting to cook or have been cooking, choosing cookware and other kitchen accessories seem quite a Herculean task, doesn't it? There are various tools and gadgets coming up every day to smoothen the creases of the challenges of cooking.
Of all the challenges, choosing the best cookware tops the list.
With so many endless options available in the market today, we will discuss about one of the most inexpensive, versatile, and lightweight cookware - that’s a favorite for stainless steel cookware.
Stainless steel utensils are the most commonly used cookware in the kitchen, not only in India, but also around the world as they are durable, rust-resistant, and cost-effective. In addition, they are great conductors of heat and hence, are viable for everyday cooking.
Why Stainless Steel Cookware is best for you?
The benefits of Stainless Steel Cookware:
- No harmful chemical coating.
- Retain the flavors.
- Retain the nutrition.
- Strong & Durable.
- Non-Reactive to acidic ingredients.
With no harmful chemical coatings, stainless steel cookware consistently performs well, retaining the flavors and aroma of food. They are strong and unbreakable. They are also non-reactive to acidic ingredients, thus saving us from any metallic reactions caused while using other types of cookware. In simple words, they are a one-stop solution and your go-to cookware when you want to cook with ease and peace.
How to take care of your stainless steel cookware?
Although steel cookware is one of the easiest to maintain, clean and long-lasting among all cookware, they are prone to damage if not maintained properly. Using abrasive scouring pads, wrong cleaners, and even salt water can steal its shine. Apart from these, if the method of using them is also rough, it increases wear and tear. That’s why it’s important to take regular care of your stainless steel cookware to remain bright and beautiful for years without any damage.
After years of experience in manufacturing quality stainless steel cookware sets, our in-house experienced team brings to you the top 9 tips to take care of while using stainless steel cookware following which will improve them last longer:
- Your stainless steel cookware can withstand high temperatures and is also designed to be used in the oven. But make sure not to crank up the temperature above 260°C.
- Wash your stainless steel cookware only when it’s completely cooled down. Otherwise, the surface might develop cracks, also known as warping.
- To avoid food sticking to your cookware surface, add oil after the cookware is heated. This will also save you the trouble of cleaning the residue later and help keep the surface as good as new for longer.
- Always salt the water in your stainless steel pots after it’s come to a boil to avoid any build-up of rust, also known as pitting.
- Avoid using chlorine on stainless steel. Ensure that you do not use cleaners that contain chloride.
- Although stainless steel is sturdy and durable, it is always better to avoid steel scrubbers on its surface. These scrubbers are abrasive and can damage the surface of your stainless steel cookware easily. Use plastic scrubbers, brushes, or cloths for cleaning.
- A clean rinse is very important. Gritty/salt water or rinsing solution can leave their scales and marks, leaving permanent stains on the utensils.
- If severe burnt food remains on the vessel, pour in enough water and let it boil on low flame. Loosen and release the stuck food with a wooden spatula to avoid scratches. Once the food is removed, cool down the utensil and wash with soap and water before patting it dry.
Although cleaning stainless steel cookware can seem a bit overwhelming at times, their benefits of usage outweigh the occasional hassle of cleaning and maintenance.
Tips for buying stainless steel cookware
Sometimes, despite being careful and taking regular care of the steel utensils, it can result in browning and braising. How to avoid that? By making a note of the below points when buying stainless steel utensils:
- Consider cladding materials.
- Quality of stainless steel material.
- Weight of the steel utensils.
- Ergonomic Design.
- A trustworthy Brand like Avias India.
Let's talk about these in detail:
- While pure stainless steel utensils sound good, in practical usage, having an aluminum cladding (also called ‘ply’) on the base and sides will provide even heat distribution during cooking. This will keep the food fresh and warm for a longer time.
- What is the quality of stainless steel? 18/10 stainless steel cookware that contains 18% chromium and 10% nickel is considered very durable. They protect steel from stain and dust and give a neat glossy shine.
- The weight of the steel utensil/pot. A good, quality stainless steel cookware will be thicker and sturdy. It will not weld easily, unless bigger damage is done or if it isn’t taken care of properly.
- Cool touch and easy-to-grip handles play a pivotal role. An ergonomic design with durable handles and lids makes cooking safe as it is easy to handle.
- The most important aspect that is often ignored is buying from a trustworthy brand. The experience of the manufacturing company plays a crucial role. Often, this aspect is ignored because of cheap prices and freebies available, but in the long run, paying for quality products always yields returns with multiple benefits.
Now that you have gained clarity about stainless steel cookware, you might be wondering which is the best stainless steel cookware in India that is safe, long-lasting, and lives to its promise? That’s where Avias India comes to the picture.
We have redefined the cooking experience by crafting quality cookware and kitchenware so that you are left with more energy and lesser strain. We are not just another maker of cookware sets; we provide precise, high-quality, and reliable cookware for kitchen kings and queens so that every moment spent in the kitchen is filled with happiness and memories. We strive to give you not just a satisfactory experience but a delightful culinary journey that redefines this art.
- High-quality food-grade stainless steel is used for manufacturing.
- Modern, mirror finish polish, ergonomic design that blends with your lifestyle and cooking
- Versatile player that fits well with both amateur and experienced cook
- Easier, healthier, and faster cooking
- Highly durable products.
- Eco friendly
- No harmful coating
- 100% food safe
- Only healthy materials used
It’s time to refresh your cooking experience and revamp your kitchenware. Indulge in our quality and valuable collection that flaunts both health and style.
A profitable combo to try, isn’t it?