Craving Cafe-Style Choco Lava Cake? No Maida, No Oven, No Problem!
Calling all chocoholics! Ditch the flour and fire up your stove because this is your ticket to gooey, molten chocolate heaven, all without an oven or maida (that's all-purpose flour for our non-Indian friends).
Get ready to impress your friends and satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy choco lava cake recipe, perfect for whipping up with your trusty Avias Triply Kadhai.
- For the Batter:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour substitute (like oats, oat flour, almond flour, or gram flour)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- For the Lava:
- 3 squares dark chocolate, chopped
- Prep your Kadai: Lightly grease the inside of your Avias Triply Kadhai with oil or butter. You can also line the bottom with small ramekins or oven-safe mugs for individual servings.
- Whisk it up: In a bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients – flour substitute, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Make it smooth: In another bowl, combine the milk and oil. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, whisking until you have a smooth batter.
- Chocolatey surprise: Melt the chopped chocolate in a double boiler or microwave safe bowl until smooth. Divide the batter between your ramekins or mug, then pour a teaspoon of melted chocolate in the center of each.
- Stovetop magic: Place your Kadhai on medium heat with a lid on top. Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs (not runny chocolate!).
Sizzle and serve: Let the cakes cool slightly so the lava doesn't erupt prematurely. Then, gently invert your ramekins/mugs onto plates and dig in!
Tips for Avias Triply Kadai Success:
- Preheat your Kadai for a few minutes before adding the batter for even cooking.
- Don't overcook! The center should be slightly undercooked for that perfect molten lava effect.
- Get creative! Experiment with different flour substitutes and toppings like whipped cream, berries, or caramel sauce.
Voila! You've got yourself a cafe-worthy choco lava cake experience, minus the fancy equipment and complicated ingredients. So grab your Avias Triply Kadhai, gather your chocoholic friends, and get ready to indulge in pure molten magic!