MASALA POTATO RICE
For all people who cannot go without rice but also have limited time, we’ve got you! This potato rice recipe is yummy and can be made within 30 minutes. Potato and rice are readily available ingredients in your kitchen. Masala potato rice is quite similar to Indian pulao in many ways and today we are sharing one such recipe. You will easily be able to make potato rice in your kitchen henceforth. Go through the images and detailed step-by-step procedure to make this relishing dish.
- Peanuts- 1 tbsp
- Spices- Coriander seeds: 1 tbsp, Cumin seeds- 1 tbsp, Sesame seeds: 1 tbsp, Byadgi/Red Chilies: 4
- 1 onion, 1 potato
- Cooked Rice
- Potatoes: very good source of fiber.
- Coriander seeds: promotes digestion and gut health.
- Cumin seeds: act as antioxidants and help prevent high blood pressure and heart diseases.
- Sesame seeds: a source of vitamin B which aids cell health and growth of RBCs.
- Onions: low in calories but high in nutrients like vitamin B, vitamin C and potassium.
- Rice: easy to digest.
- Heat stainless steel saucepan and roast peanuts, cumin seeds, red chilies, sesame seeds, and roast after which let it cool.
- Next, heat oil in a saucepan. Add mustard, cumin powder and onion.
- Put chopped potatoes and cook until soft.
- Add cooked rice, masalas and salt. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander.
- Potato rice is ready to serve!!
- Dry Roast peanuts, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, and red chilies on low flame. Sauté for a few seconds and add sesame seeds and let it roast till you get a raw smell. Turn off the heat as soon as you hear a crackling sound. Allow the spices to cool down after which they blend them into a fine coarse powder.
- In the new Avias India's Riara Triply Saucepan with lid, heat 2 tbsp oil and add 1 tbsp mustard and cumin each. Add red chilies, curry leaves, and a finely chopped onion and mix them well. My Avias India's Riara Triply Saucepan makes sure heat spreads evenly along with using low oil, isn’t that so beneficial?
- Now add 2 chopped potatoes to our stainless steel saucepan. Let it cook for a minute and then add little water and cover with the lid until the potatoes have turned soft. The Avias' Riara Triply Sauce pan comes with a lid with heat trap technology hence your food cooks within less time saving your time, money, and fuel.
- Once the potatoes have turned soft, add boiled rice and our special prepared powder masala. You can also add some garam masala, Kitchen king/chicken masala, but this is completely additional. Add some salt as per your taste and give it a quick mix!
- Garnish with coriander leaves and your potato rice is ready to be savored!
Wasn’t this such an easy thing to make? Do try it and share the reviews with @aviasindia.