Veg Manchurian is the most popular and loved dish of Indo-Chinese cuisine. An interesting fact about how this dish was named “Manchurian” is that the people in East China were referred to as Manchuria. It is mostly served as an appetizer of small Manchurian balls fried golden brown and dipped in sweet-sour Manchurian sauce. The sauce or gravy can also be served as a side with fried rice and noodles. The perfect dish for all your parties and is liked by everyone from kids to oldies.
Today we are sharing with you the easiest preparation method to make this veg Manchurian. Our recipe is divided into two halves: the first half consists of preparing the Veg Manchurian balls and the second half of preparing the veg Manchurian gravy/sauce. So grab your apron and let's dive into this detailed step-by-step recipe:
(i) Veg Manchurian Balls:
- Grated cabbage - 1 cup
- Grated carrot - 1 cup
- Chopped Onions - 2
- Chopped Capsicum - 1
- Chopped Spring Onion - for garnishing
- Spices: Black pepper powder- ½ tbsp, Red chilly powder, 1 tbsp, Ginger Garlic Paste- 1 tbsp
- Soy Sauce- 1tbsp, Red Chili Sauce- 1tbsp
- All-purpose flour (Maida) - ¾ cups
- Corn flour- ½ cup.
- Salt as per taste
(ii) Veg Manchurian Gravy:
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Chopped Ginger Garlic- 1tbsp
- Chopped Onion- 1
- Chopped Green Chili- 1
- Chopped Capsicum-1
- Black pepper powder- ¼ tbsp
- Tomato Ketchup- 2tbsp
- Red Chili Sauce- 1tbsp
- Soy Sauce- 1tbsp
- Corn flour Slurry- mix corn flour and water
- Water- 2 tbsp
- Spring Onion
- Salt as per taste
- Cabbage: packed with vitamin C and helps improve digestion.
- Carrot: loaded with vitamin A and keep your blood sugar levels low.
- Onion: low in calories but high in nutrients like vitamin B, vitamin C and potassium.
- Capsicum: high in vitamin C and helps in the growth of WBCs.
- Green chilly: reduces the risk of ulcers and prevents damage to cells.
- Spring Onion: consists of antibacterial and antiviral properties which can prevent viral and flu.
- Black pepper: a good source of manganese and helps in bone health and wound healing
- Add all vegetables to a bowl and mix them well. Make small balls and deep fry them until golden brown.
- Heat oil in a stainless steel saucepan and add ginger, garlic, onions, green chilly, and capsicum, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Put some salt, the corn flour slurry, and all sauces and cook until the gravy thickens.
- Pour some water and all your Manchurian balls and mix well.
- Cook for a minute and garnish with some chopped spring onions.
- Serve hot and enjoy!!
- In a bowl, add all the veggies: cabbage, carrot, onion, capsicum, spring onion, salt, black pepper powder, red chili powder, ginger-garlic paste, soy sauce, maida, and corn flour. Mix everything well.
- Grease your palms with oil and take a spoonful of the mixture and shape it into small round balls.
- Take a kadai and heat the oil for deep frying the balls. We prefer you use thick triply kadai like the new Avias India's Riara Triply Kadai which is made with SAS technology i.e. has a thick base resulting in even heat distribution resulting in kadai getting heated quicker saving fuel. Isn’t that superb!!
- Once the oil is heated, deep fry your Manchurian balls until golden-brown crispy. And voila!! Your Manchurian balls are ready. Isn’t it so easy?
- Now let’s move towards preparing our Manchurian gravy. Heat the Avias India's new Riara Triply Frypan with oil. Add ginger and garlic to the oil and saute for a minute. Further add onion, green chilly, and capsicum, and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- After giving it a quick mix, add salt, black pepper powder, tomato ketchup, red chilly sauce, soy sauce, and corn flour slurry. Stir until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Pour some water, and your fried Manchurian balls and toss them gently within the sauce.
- Cook for a minute and garnish with spring onion. Serve hot and enjoy the relishing taste!! Making lip-smacking Veg Manchurian at home was never this simple.
Wasn’t this the simple Veg Manchurian recipe with the easiest Manchurian ingredients: which we mostly have in our kitchen? Do give this recipe and let us know how it turns out by reaching our social media handle: @aviasindia.
For authentic taste and flavors, we recommend you use good stainless steel cookware and cook over high flame.
Check out the premium range of cookware by Avias India. With their affordable prices, amazing quality, and stylish designs you won’t be able to resist trying them. Shop the Riara triply Range. Also available on Amazon India.
Visit other Recipe Blogs and choose your favorite food recipes to cook delicious delights for your loved ones!