How to Close and Open Outer Lid Pressure Cooker
Pressure cookers have been a staple kitchen appliance for many years, especially in Indian households. They are an efficient and quick way to cook a variety of dishes such as lentils, rice, and stews. However, opening and closing a cooker can be a daunting task for some, particularly if you are not familiar with the process. In this blog, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to open and close an outer lid pressure cooker safely.
Closing the Outer Lid Pressure Cooker:
1. Ensure that the pressure cooker is clean and dry before using it.
2. Check the gasket (a rubber seal that prevents steam from escaping) on the outer lid to ensure that it is clean and properly seated in the lid. Remove the pressure regulator valve.
3. Place the outer lid on top of the cooker's body and align the handles of the outer lid with the cooker's body handles.
4. Push down on the outer lid firmly, using the handle to lock it in place and turn it in a clockwise direction.
5. Make sure that the vent tube on the outer lid is not clogged or obstructed.
6. Finally, ensure that the pressure cooker's safety valve is in place and functioning correctly.
Opening the Outer Lid Pressure Cooker:
1. Allow the pressure cooker to cool down completely before attempting to open it.
2. Release the pressure from the cooker by moving the pressure regulator valve.
3. Hold the pressure cooker's handle securely and push down on the outer lid handle, then twist it anti-clockwise and lift the lid away from the cooker's body.
- Never attempt to open a pressure cooker before releasing the pressure completely.
- Do not overfill the pressure cooker beyond the recommended limit.
- Check the gasket and the safety valve on the outer lid regularly to ensure they are clean and functioning correctly.
- Always use oven mitts or a cloth to handle the pressure cooker to avoid burns.
- Never attempt to force open a pressure cooker if it is stuck.
- We would suggest you use a stainless steel pressure cooker that is made with premium quality stainless steel like the one’s made by Avias World. They are also compatible with induction cooktop which is an added benefit along with the safety it provides.
In conclusion, a pressure cooker is a versatile and useful kitchen appliance that can save you time and energy when cooking. However, it is crucial to follow the manufacturer's instructions and safety guidelines when using it to avoid any accidents or mishaps. By following the steps outlined above, you can safely open and close an outer lid pressure cooker and enjoy delicious meals in no time.