How to make Malpua Recipe
Malpua's popularity has led to regional variations in its preparation. In Northern India, particularly in states like Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh, Malpua is a common treat during festivals like Holi and Diwali celebrations. These versions are often made with ingredients like maida (all-purpose flour) and are deep-fried before being soaked in sugar syrup.
Ingredients For the Malpua:
- 1 cup wheat flour (atta)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Oil or ghee for frying
For the Sugar Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- A pinch of cardamom powder
Certainly! You can enhance your Malpua-making experience by using Avias stainless steel Kadai for frying. Here's the modified recipe with that addition:
Prepare the Sugar Syrup:
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, water, and a pinch of cardamom powder.
- Heat over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Let it simmer for a few minutes until the syrup thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
Make the Malpua:
- In a tasla steel mixing bowl, combine wheat flour and cardamom powder.
- Gradually add milk and whisk to form a smooth batter. The consistency should be similar to pancake batter.
- Heat Avias steel kadai and add a generous amount of ghee for frying.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter into the steel kadai to form a small pancake (Malpua).
- Fry on medium heat until it turns golden brown on both sides. Make sure it's cooked through.
- Remove the Malpua from the stainless steel kadai and drain excess ghee on paper towels.
Soak in Sugar Syrup:
- While the Malpua is still warm, dip it into the prepared sugar syrup.
- Let it soak for a minute or two, allowing the Malpua to absorb the syrup's sweetness.
- Remove and place it on a serving plate.
- Garnish with chopped nuts like almonds or pistachios (optional).
- Your wheat flour Malpua, prepared with the help of Avias's stainless steel kadai, is ready to be served warm. Enjoy!
Using Avias India’s best-selling stainless steel kadai ensures even heating and efficient frying, resulting in perfectly golden and crispy Malpua. It's a fantastic addition to your kitchen set for preparing this delightful Indian dessert.