Spicy Pasta Recipe is a simple, delicious, flavorful, and easy-to-make Indian style pasta dish where cooked pasta is tossed in a spicy Indian sauce. This spicy onion tomato sauce has an array of aromatic Indian spices, fresh vegetables, herbs, and some cheese.
1. Heat a stainless steel frypan with 4 cups water along with ½ teaspoon salt till it comes to a boil.
2. When the water comes to a boil, add the pasta.
3. Cook the pasta without any lid on medium to high flame.
4. Cook till the pasta becomes al dente. You can also cook it more if you want.
5. Strain the pasta.
6. Add in a bowl and or keep in the strainer or colander. Cover and keep aside.
7. Meanwhile, when the pasta is cooking, you can prepare the masala base. First finely chop spring onions, tomatoes, capsicum and carrot. You can also use onions instead of spring onions. Do make sure to cut the carrots finely. Otherwise, they may take a long time to cook.
8. Then heat 2 tablespoons oil in a steel frypan, add ⅓ cup finely chopped spring onions or onions. Sauté till the onions become translucent.
9. Then add ½ teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
10. Sauté till the raw aroma of ginger-garlic goes away.
11. Then add 1 cup tightly packed finely chopped tomatoes.
12. Stir and sauté on a low to medium flame till the tomatoes become pulpy and soften
13. Then add ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder, ¼ teaspoon cumin powder, ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder, ¼ to ½ teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder and ½ teaspoon coriander powder.
14. Mix the spice powders very well.
15. Next add ⅓ cup finely chopped carrots, ¼ cup green peas, ¼ cup finely chopped capsicum or bell pepper.
16. Season with salt.
17. Mix very well and sauté for a minute.
18. Add ½ cup water.
19. Cover the pan with its lid. On a low to medium flame simmer till the veggies are cooked. If the water dries up, you can add more water. Instead of cooking veggies, you can also use veggies that have been steamed or boiled before.
20. Cook till the veggies are done.
21. Then add the pasta.
22. Mix very well.
23. Next add 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves and 2 tablespoons chopped spring onions greens (optional). Use spring onion greens only if you have used spring onions or else skip.
24. Then add ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder.
25. Mix well. Then switch off the flame.
26. Serve Indian style masala pasta hot or warm garnished with some coriander leaves or some grated cheddar cheese or vegetarian parmesan cheese.
Do try this Spicy Pasta Recipe and let us know how it turns out by connecting to us on our social media handles @aviasindia. We look forward to your precious suggestions and reviews.
We also suggest the newest range of Avias India of Riara Triply Kadai’s and Riara Triply Saucepans. They are made using pure high-grade aluminium steel and have a thick base that spreads heat evenly resulting in food getting quicker and sparing you extra time for your loved ones. The products are coated from the inside such that no extra oil or food particles stick making them the utmost hygienic and easy to clean.
So if you are also searching for affordable, premium quality, and stylish cookware for your kitchen, do check out our website Avias World and our stainless steel Kitchenware products.